Monday, January 23, 2012

Winter 2012 450/496 Proposals

Over the past few months I have been neglecting my modeling/game design work and its about time I remedy that. This is why I propose to tackle the some character creation. I wish to complete the whole character design development cycle (at least to the best of my knowledge). Starting from concept and moving though everything from modeling, UV mapping, texturing, skinning, rigging, and ending with animation.
I will be using Maya for a majority of the tasks with the possible exception for texturing and UV mapping which I may use outside programs to make the job easier. I will still create relevantly low poly models to hope to use my creation as an asset in my game project, so I will most liking spend more time on creating more fluid animations and convincing textures.
The character I wish to create will function as either a normal enemy or a boss. The theme I will use will be a mechanical vehicle or animal. I'm torn between either recreating a 4 legged spider tank or robotic scorpion.

Below are some interesting designs I may base my work off of



No comments:

Post a Comment